NW Washington Tour Guide
Your NW Washington Tour Guide & Naturalist
30 years safely guiding Adventures!
What I’ve come to enjoy most as an Adventure Guide is watching people be amazed and touched by nature. Seeing their eyes and spirit glow from that connection is priceless!
I grew up in Mexico City, became a marine biologist and gracefully transformed into an Adventure Guide. Since 1989, I’ve led nature adventures, by land and sea, from the equator to the sub-arctic:
- In Texas, I taught kids at sea camps and led kayaking & birding tours around the bay’s marsh habitat and coastal beaches.
- In the Florida Keys, I took kids and Elderhostels (now Road Scholars) exploring in the coral reefs, sea-grass beds and mangroves.
- In Cancun, I led eco-tours around the Yucatan Peninsula.
- In Baja, I guided birding, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking and gray whale watching expeditions.
- In Hawaii, I narrated on whale watching boats and lead snorkeling trips.
- In Churchill (Canada), I led polar bear and beluga whale watching tours.
- In Southeast Alaska, I guided whale watching, birding, kayaking, fishing and hiking trips from adventure cruises.
In 2016, I made Anacortes, WA my home and launched Skagit Guided Adventures to professionally serve as your NW Washington Adventure Tour Guide & Naturalist. I invite you to “Re-Wild” Your Spirit! in NW Washington on any of our Adventures.
On weekends (when not guiding an Adventure), you’ll find me at the Mount Vernon Visitor Center assisting travelers with their “what can we do around here” inquiries.
Tour Companies I previously worked for as Expedition Leader, Naturalist & Guide:
- Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic
- Road Scholars
- Natural Habitat
- Cruise West
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- The Boat Company
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- Island Marine Institute
- Ecocolors Mexico
- Atlantis Submarines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University at Galveston
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences from ITESM-Guaymas in Mexico
- Wilderness First Aid
- First Aid & CPR
- Open Water Scuba
- ACA Kayak Instructor
- USCG 100 ton Captain’s license
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)